This month we’re collecting crafts - either your handcrafted items or craft kits for the kids to make — for Operation Christmas Child (OCC) 2018 shoeboxes. There are many ways to participate this month!
- Kids can make no sew scarves out of fleece.
- Families can gather the items to put together a sewing kit. This will delight recipients and will greatly help their family as well.
- Tool kits are also AMAZING contributions. Operation Christmas Child states that one of their “greatest needs is shoebox gifts for boys 10-14. Tools packed in these shoeboxes can help move young boys ahead on their journey to becoming independent and self-sufficient.”
- Seasoned crafters will probably be able to whip up a few things at little or no cost. Crochet items, knitted, the classic pillowcase dress, and so much more. Pinterest offers a world of ideas. Here are some sewing, crocheting, knitting and no-sew projects recommended by OCC
- Craft kits can be found in so many stores, including Walmart and those stores that regularly have 40% off coupons: Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, and Joann Fabric and Crafts.
- Or you can simply make a donation! There’s a “mailbox” by the children’s ministries bulletin board by Fellowship Hall or you can donate online - just type OCC boxes in the “other” category.
March is also a time to shop for…
Smart shoppers take advantage of clearance sales, especially with OCC boxes. There are a wide variety of sale items appropriate for OCC shoeboxes:
- Discounted Valentine’s Day stuffed animals and toys, as well as Easter items on sale.
- Cold weather accessories.
- Of course, WOW items are always needed!
Donations may be dropped off at Immanuel at any time. Please drop off your donations in the bin just outside of Fellowship Hall by the children’s ministries bulletin board. If you have any questions, please contact Trephina Bedell, firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-359-1549. More on information Operation Christmas Child can be found at Immanuelpalatine.org/operation-christmas-child.
Did you know that we’re collecting for Operation Christmas Child (OCC) 2018 Shoeboxes year-round?
We’re doing this to get ready for a great packing party in November 2018. Working year round gives us extra time to carefully choose special items for the shoebox. These shoeboxes really matter. An OCC shoebox might be the only gift a child ever receives.
This shoebox for a 10-14 year-old boy isn’t just filled with tools—it’s a tool all its own to share God’s love! Did you know? One of our greatest needs is shoebox gifts for boys 10-14. Tools packed in these shoeboxes can help move young boys ahead on their journey to becoming independent and self-sufficient. View our full list of gift suggestions at the link in our profile. #ipackedashoebox #OperationChristmasChild