Welcome to the Immanuel Lutheran Church & School Human Resources web page. This page is intended to serve as a resource to both current and potential Immanuel employees. On this page you will find position postings, useful job-related links, and payroll information.
The Human Resources Department has a central role in promoting a positive climate and culture at Immanuel, and in providing an efficient workforce to assist the administration and ministry leaders in focusing on Immanuel’s Mission and Vision.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator using the contact information on this page. God’s Blessings on your day!
To apply for an open position at Immanuel Lutheran Church & School, please complete our Online Application. Please note, the online application will not process electronically without an attached resume. Be sure to have your resume prepared prior to starting the application.
OPEN POSITIONS - Click each link to view the job description
Immanuel Lutheran Church & School, Palatine does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, age, marital status or other legally protected statuses as required by law. Because we are an entity of The LutheranChurch-Missouri Synod, in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, we reserve the right to give preference in employment to persons based on religion.
Concordia Plan Services is the employee benefits provider for Immanuel. Immanuel participates in Concordia’s most comprehensive benefit package which consists of:
- Concordia Health Plan Concordia’s Health Plan (CHP) provides benefits for a wide range of healthcare needs including dental, prescription drug, mental health and substance abuse, and vision benefits; as well as health and wellness programs, employee assistance programs, and hearing care discounts. Any worker employed more than 30 hours per week and more than five consecutive months annually is eligible for CHP coverage. Eligible workers may enroll in the plan administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota: High Deductible PPO Option HDHP. Annual enrollment is required.
- Concordia Retirement Plan Concordia’s Retirement Plan (CRP) is comprised of three benefit components: Primary Retirement Benefits, a Supplemental Retirement Account, and Retiree Medical Supplement Benefits. Any worker employed more than 20 hours per week and more than 5 consecutive months annually is eligible for the CRP. Completion of a one-time enrollment form is required.
- Concordia Retirement Savings Plan Concordia’s Retirement Savings Plan (CRSP) is a 403(b) tax-deferred savings plan that allows workers enrolled in the CRP to invest pre-tax dollars for retirement. Immanuel offers a basic match of an employee’s contribution. Concordia’s 403(b) savings plan is administered by Fidelity. Any worker employed more than 20 hours per week and more than 5 consecutive months annually is eligible for the CRSP. Completion of a one-time enrollment form is required.
- Concordia Disability and Survivor Plan Concordia’s Disability and Survivor Plan (CDSP) provides disability income benefits (for employees) and lump-sum death benefits (for employees and enrolled dependents). Any worker employed more than 20 hours per week and more than 5 consecutive months annually is eligible for the CDSP. Completion of a one-time enrollment form and beneficiary form is required.
- Concordia Accident Insurance Program Concordia’s Accident Insurance Program (AIP) is an employee funded, voluntary, optional group insurance available to employees participating in at least one other Concordia Plan. It is designed to help employees meet their financial obligations in the event of an accidental death or disabling injury. Completion of a one-time enrollment form is required. Each employee is responsible for paying the cost of this voluntary and optional coverage.
Personal Spending Accounts Personal Spending Accounts allow workers to use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible medical expenses. Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) are personal spending accounts which allows an employee to set aside pre-tax dollars to use toward qualified health or dependent care expenses. These tax-advantaged accounts are employee funded. Any worker employed more than 30 hours per week and more than five consecutive months annually is eligible for enrollment according to the type of health insurance carried. Further administers Immanuel’s HSA and FSA plans. Completion of an initial and annual enrollment form is required.
Immanuel is committed to providing a safe environment for employees, students, and visitors. All workers are required to complete position specific training within 30-days of their hire date and as a condition of ongoing employment.
Immanuel’s payroll runs on a semi-monthly schedule; pay dates are on the 15th and the last day of each month unless otherwise posted due to holidays or weekends. Questions pertaining to payroll may be directed to either the Human Resources Coordinator (847-359-1549, ext. 154) or the Bookkeeper (847-359-1936, ext. 512). The following are helpful payroll resources:
Employee Background Checks and Fingerprinting
In order to remain in compliance with Illinois Senate Bill 0143 for non-public schools, Immanuel requires all new employees to be fingerprinted as part of the hiring process. In order to be eligible to begin work at Immanuel Lutheran Church & School, a finger-print based state and federal criminal history records check must be initiated. Immanuel has arranged for Accurate Biometrics to provide LiveScan fingerprinting for our employment applicants. A fingerprinting authorization form will be provided by the Human Resource Coordinator.
Certification of Physical Fitness & Freedom from Communicable Disease
In accordance with the Illinois School Code, Immanuel Lutheran Church & School requires that all new employees provide evidence of physical fitness with regard to performing the duties assigned to them as well as freedom from communicable disease. The Illinois School Code requires that such evidence consist of a physical examination. The following certification must be completed and submitted to the Human Resources Coordinator within 30-days of employment: Fitness Certification