Welcome to the Immanuel Lutheran Church & School Human Resources web page. This page is intended to serve as a resource to both current and potential Immanuel employees. On this page you will find position postings, useful job-related links, and payroll information.
The Human Resources Department has a central role in promoting a positive climate and culture at Immanuel, and in providing an efficient workforce to assist the administration and ministry leaders in focusing on Immanuel’s Mission and Vision.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator using the contact information on this page. God’s Blessings on your day!
To apply for an open position at Immanuel Lutheran Church & School, please complete our Online Application. Please note, the online application will not process electronically without an attached resume. Be sure to have your resume prepared prior to starting the application.
OPEN POSITIONS - Click each link to view the job description
Third Grade Teacher (Part-Time)
Substitute Teacher (Temporary - As Needed)
Early Childhood Classroom Aide (Part-Time)
Early Childhood Extended School Supervision Aide (Part-Time - Afternoons)
K-8th Extended School Supervision Aide (Part-Time - Afternoons)
Sign Language Interpreter (Part-Time; IL License not required)
Summer Camp Counselor (Seasonal)
Immanuel Lutheran Church & School, Palatine does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, age, marital status or other legally protected statuses as required by law. Because we are an entity of The LutheranChurch-Missouri Synod, in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, we reserve the right to give preference in employment to persons based on religion.
Concordia Plan Services is the employee benefits provider for Immanuel. Immanuel participates in Concordia’s most comprehensive benefit package which consists of:
- Concordia Health Plan Concordia’s Health Plan (CHP) provides benefits for a wide range of healthcare needs including dental, prescription drug, mental health and substance abuse, and vision benefits; as well as health and wellness programs, employee assistance programs, and hearing care discounts. Any worker employed more than 30 hours per week and more than five consecutive months annually is eligible for CHP coverage. Eligible workers may enroll in the plan administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota: High Deductible PPO Option HDHP. Annual enrollment is required.
- Concordia Retirement Plan Concordia’s Retirement Plan (CRP) is comprised of three benefit components: Primary Retirement Benefits, a Supplemental Retirement Account, and Retiree Medical Supplement Benefits. Any worker employed more than 20 hours per week and more than 5 consecutive months annually is eligible for the CRP. Completion of a one-time enrollment form is required.
- Concordia Retirement Savings Plan Concordia’s Retirement Savings Plan (CRSP) is a 403(b) tax-deferred savings plan that allows workers enrolled in the CRP to invest pre-tax dollars for retirement. Immanuel offers a basic match of an employee’s contribution. Concordia’s 403(b) savings plan is administered by Fidelity. Any worker employed more than 20 hours per week and more than 5 consecutive months annually is eligible for the CRSP. Completion of a one-time enrollment form is required.
- Concordia Disability and Survivor Plan Concordia’s Disability and Survivor Plan (CDSP) provides disability income benefits (for employees) and lump-sum death benefits (for employees and enrolled dependents). Any worker employed more than 20 hours per week and more than 5 consecutive months annually is eligible for the CDSP. Completion of a one-time enrollment form and beneficiary form is required.
- Concordia Accident Insurance Program Concordia’s Accident Insurance Program (AIP) is an employee funded, voluntary, optional group insurance available to employees participating in at least one other Concordia Plan. It is designed to help employees meet their financial obligations in the event of an accidental death or disabling injury. Completion of a one-time enrollment form is required. Each employee is responsible for paying the cost of this voluntary and optional coverage.
Personal Spending Accounts Personal Spending Accounts allow workers to use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible medical expenses. Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) are personal spending accounts which allows an employee to set aside pre-tax dollars to use toward qualified health or dependent care expenses. These tax-advantaged accounts are employee funded. Any worker employed more than 30 hours per week and more than five consecutive months annually is eligible for enrollment according to the type of health insurance carried. Select Account administers Immanuel’s HSA and FSA plans. Completion of an initial and annual enrollment form is required.
Immanuel is committed to providing a safe environment for employees, students, and visitors. All workers are required to complete the following training within 30-days of their hire date and as a condition of ongoing employment as indicated (additional, position specific training may also be required):
1. Civil Rights Training – New Hire & Annually Thereafter
As an institution participating in the United States Department of Agriculture funded Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), Immanuel Lutheran Church & School must not discriminate in the operation of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To ensure those involved in all levels of the CACFP understand its civil rights requirements, all workers who interact with our school students are required to complete the following Illinois State Board of Education Civil Rights Training Course: Civil Rights Training. Refer to the GCN Instruction Form for login information.
2. Blood Borne Pathogens Training – New Hire & Annually Thereafter
In accordance with the Occupational Safety & Health Administration’s (OSHA) Standard, Immanuel Lutheran Church & School requires all employees to complete the following online blood borne pathogens training on an annual basis: Blood Borne Pathogens Training. Refer to the GCN Instruction Form for login information.
3. Sexual Harassment Prevention Training – New Hire
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is a federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity. Since Immanuel supports the prohibition of discrimination based on sex and because Immanuel may seek to obtain federal funding for its Christian Day School, it is important that Immanuel adhere to the regulations of Title IX as applicable. With this in mind, Immanuel requires each of its employees to complete the following web-based training: Sexual Harassment Prevention. Refer to the GCN Instruction Form for login information.
4. Training for Mandated Reporters – New Hire
In accordance with the Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act, Immanuel Lutheran Church & School requires all employees to complete training for mandated reporters as part of the hiring process. The Illinois Department of Children & Family Services’ Mandated Reporter Training may be completed on-line. Refer to the GCN Instruction Form for login information.
5. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)– New Hire
Because FERPA regulations require that all employees are trained with regard to the confidentiality of student records and a family’s right to privacy, Immanuel Lutheran Church & School requires all employees to complete the following web-based training as part of the hiring process: FERPA. Refer to the GCN Instruction Form for login information.
Immanuel’s payroll runs on a semi-monthly schedule; pay dates are on the 15th and the last day of each month unless otherwise posted due to holidays or weekends. Questions pertaining to payroll may be directed to either the Human Resources Coordinator (847-359-1549, ext. 154) or the Bookkeeper (847-359-1936, ext. 512). The following are helpful payroll resources:
Employee Background Checks and Fingerprinting
In order to remain in compliance with Illinois Senate Bill 0143 for non-public schools, Immanuel requires all new employees to be fingerprinted as part of the hiring process. In order to be eligible to begin work at Immanuel Lutheran Church & School, a finger-print based state and federal criminal history records check must be initiated. Immanuel has arranged for Accurate Biometrics to provide LiveScan fingerprinting for our employment applicants. A fingerprinting authorization form will be provided by the Human Resource Coordinator.
Certification of Physical Fitness & Freedom from Communicable Disease
In accordance with the Illinois School Code, Immanuel Lutheran Church & School requires that all new employees provide evidence of physical fitness with regard to performing the duties assigned to them as well as freedom from communicable disease. The Illinois School Code requires that such evidence consist of a physical examination. The following certification must be completed and submitted to the Human Resources Coordinator within 30-days of employment: Fitness Certification