Backpacks, Blessings & Barbecue at the Bandshell
Sunday, August 14, 2022 @ 10:00 a.m.
Fred P. Hall Amphitheater, 262 E. Palatine Road, Palatine
This event is open to the entire community and all ages!
In the event of inclement weather, the activities will be held at Immanuel Lutheran Church and School, 200 North Plum Grove Road, Palatine.
School Supply Donations Needed!
Immanuel is again collecting school supplies, along with our Backpacks, Blessings and BBQ event, for the children at Virginia Lake Elementary School. We have compiled the following list from the school’s web site. If you would like to donate, please bring in the following items by Thursday, August 11:
(all items must be new).
- Backpacks (smaller size, no wheels)
- Water bottles
- Wide-ruled notebooks
- Yellow #2 pencils - already sharpened please (no other colors)
- Pink erasers
- Black thin point Sharpies (no other colors)
- Black low odor dry erase markers (no other colors)
- Crayola Crayons - box of 24
- Crayola WASHABLE markers - broad tip, classic colors (must be washable)
- Yellow highlighters (no other colors)
- Jumbo glue sticks
- New earbuds or headphones
- Colored pencils (12 count)
Drop off any donations to the church office.
Monetary donations are also welcome. Please indicate “Kids Hope” on your check.
So keep your eye out for good sales, and pick up something extra! All backpacks will be donated to Virginia Lake School. Thank you for your help!